If you're looking to share a laugh with a friend, swap parenting survival tactics and generally feel affirmed that, yes, you're doing fine, then you're in the right place. Welcome!

Tuesday 20 March 2012

A Mother's Prayer

A book that I bought when I only had one small child and was still full of parenting energy was Surviving Your Toddler: 365 Creative Games and Activities to Help You Enjoy the Unique Challenges of Life With a One- to Three-Year-Old by Trish Kuffner (Lighthouse Books, 1999).


Available through Chapters-Indigo.
Well, that book was full of great, low-cost ideas, none of which appealed to my little guy. 


But, something that I did find helpful was the inclusion of "A Mother's Prayer." I've been having one of "those" weeks, and in case you are as well, I thought I'd share this:


"Dear Lord,
So far today I've done alright. I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or very indulgent. I'm very grateful for that. But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on, I'm going to need a lot more help. Amen."


And all the people said, "Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...