If you're looking to share a laugh with a friend, swap parenting survival tactics and generally feel affirmed that, yes, you're doing fine, then you're in the right place. Welcome!

Sunday 12 February 2012

Oil of Oregano: Not Just for Salads

This weekend it was finally my turn to succumb to whatever illness my four boys have been circulating since November. Thankfully the grandparents came to the rescue, looking after all or some of the kids for a couple of days. 


Immediately when she saw me, my mother-in-law asked, "Have you taken your oil of oregano?" I love how, even though she's a retired nurse, she's always on the lookout for natural remedies. This tendency has been especially helpful because for the past number of years I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding, and a lot of pharmaceutical cold meds have been off-limits. Oil of oregano is her newest find.


My father-in-law is not as impressed with the oil of oregano. He gags on it. I sort of like the taste. It's like a super-concentrated Greek salad, all in two little drops. I put the oil in a little whisper of water and throw it back like a shot. 


And I must say that, though it may be psychosomatic, this uber-salad dressing does seem to help. (This is the first time I've been laid low so far this winter.)


Anybody have any other tried-and-true remedies they swear by?

1 comment:

  1. A reader shared this comment via email:

    ["The Birth House"] is where I learned that raspberries, including tea, are great for women for almost anything.

    I have great respect for the healing power and brain enriching
    benefits of fish oil: "NeutraSea, lemon flavour" (do NOT buy NutraSea
    Kid's flavour, it tastes like cheap bubble gum...yuk.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...