If you're looking to share a laugh with a friend, swap parenting survival tactics and generally feel affirmed that, yes, you're doing fine, then you're in the right place. Welcome!

Thursday 12 January 2012

Full disclosure

Are you looking for a blog that will inspire you as a parent? Make you gasp in amazement at the author's competency and organization? Stir you to embark on fantastical projects? Well, you won't be finding any of that here. 


But if you're looking to share a laugh with a friend, swap survival tactics and generally feel affirmed that, yes, you're doing fine, then you're in the right place.


In the spirit of full disclosure, let me admit to a reality that I know many parents share: I feel lucky if I get to shower on a given day. Many days I don't. And I am only somewhat ashamed to say that today is the second day for my underwear and socks (partly because of the aforementioned shower issue and partly because I was pretty sure that I didn't have anything clean to replace them with). And my hair is --as my partner puts it-- "special."


But, my kids are clean, nutritious food made it to the table and we spent some good time together as a family. So, to sum up: it was a good day! (They aren't all, are they?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...